elrhiarhodan: (Qui/Obi)
[personal profile] elrhiarhodan
Title: From All The Spaces Between Times
Chapter: Chapter 90 — Not All At Once, But Like the Grass, In Thousands Of Cautious Exits
Author: [personal profile] elrhiarhodan / [tumblr.com profile] elrhiarhodan / [archiveofourown.org profile] elrhiarhodan
Fandom: Star Wars, Star Wars Prequel Trilogy, Star Wars — Obi Wan Kenobi (TV), Star Wars — Jedi Apprentice Books
Characters Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn, Shmi Skywalker, Anakin Skywalker, The Force as a Sentient Character, Watto, Quinlan Vos, Padmé Amidala, Sabé, Darth Maul, Yoda, Mace Windu, Adi Gallia, Quinlan Vos, Professor Huyang, The Force, Plo Koon, Vokara Che, Siri Tachi, Aayla Secura, Bant Eerin, Bruck Chun, Xanatos du Crion, Sheev Palpatine | Darth Sidious, Hego Damask II | Darth Plagueis, Komari Vosa, Bail Prestor Organa, Breha Organa, Bail Antilles Prestor, Rael Averross, Nim Piana, Ahsoka Tano, Sifo-Dyas, Reva Sevander, Lene Kostana (mentioned), Savage Opress, Pong Krell, The Traitor, Original Characters, Other Characters To Be Added
Pairings: Obi-Wan Kenobi & Shmi Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi & Qui-Gon Jinn, Padmé Amidala/Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon Jinn (yes, we’re arrived). Bail Prestor Organa/Breha Organa
Word Count: ~ 6900 this chapter
Spoilers: None
Warnings/Enticements/Triggers: None
Summary: Obi-Wan Kenobi has never known it, but he has always been the Force’s Champion, destined to suffer infinite sadness in defense of the Light. On his last turn on the wheel, responsibility for The Chosen One, the false child of prophecy, had been thrust upon him with no warning, and Darkness held the upper hand.

But this time, the Force has marshaled its power and will protect its Champion until the time is right, no matter how long Obi-Wan has to wait and how much he has to suffer.

Or,

Obi-Wan is reborn as a twelve-year old.

He wakes up on a slavers’ ship, with all of his prior life’s memories intact, and he’s bound for Tatooine with a Force-inhibitor collar around his neck, a bomb implanted in his spine, and no way of knowing what state of the Galaxy is in.

Just another day in the life of the Force’s Champion.

Chapter Summary: Yoda arrives at the Jinn-Kenobi apartment and he’s troubled by what he senses, that his great-grandpadawan has used his immortal midi-chlorians to save Qui-Gon’s life. Is this attachment or simply using the Force to heal another? And maybe this is not the time to ask that question. The murderous Traitor is in custody and needs to be interrogated, and Yoda, like everyone else, wants to know why Feemor wanted Qui-Gon dead.




From All The Spaces Between Times: Chapter 90 — Not All At Once, But Like the Grass, In Thousands Of Cautious Exits (On AO3)



Meta — Not All At Once, But Like the Grass, In Thousands Of Cautious Exits




654,170 words, 107 chapters

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::


Half a week editing, half a week with actual creative writing, so kind of good progress for the week in the wordmines. Added about 4500 words to the overall total, a little less than usual, but it was more editing most days, actually, and I’m at the point where I’m at the end of the editing stage, so it’s just a lot of cleaning up. Which feels like a real land mark, since I’ve been editing for almost two months solid and not adding more to the overall story, despite adding nearly 65k to the overall volume of words (how the hell does that work???).

In fact, as of tonight, I will have just two more scenes to edit and then I will be in unknown territory, back to adding actual new plot, not just filler to the stuff I’d sketched out.

It’s a little scary after so long.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::


Welcome to Law & Order: GFFA.

DOINK DOINK

You gotta understand how much I really, truly have loved writing these next few chapters.

I am a lawyer. Or rather, I was a lawyer. I’m now retired. I had started out my career as a trial lawyer, but practiced civil litigation, not criminal law. And my favorite TV show of all time (after Animaniacs, has always been the original version of L&O (and I must admit, the earliest episodes haven’t aged well at all).

However, Kenobi and Vos aren’t playing any particular pair of NYC detectives, if just because there is no New York Criminal Procedure Law, no Fourth Amendment Right against self-incrimination, and as I said in last week’s meta, no presumption of innocence in the GFFA that I could find (or a presumption of guilt, either). I am just enjoying the psychological gamesmanship of getting Feemor to confess to all sorts of things that you, the readers of this possibly too-lengthy fic, might not expect.

In the words of Sheriff Bart, I like to keep my audience riveted.


Thank you for reading, week in and week out, your engagement with this story is deeply appreciated.




:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Profile

elrhiarhodan: (Default)
elrhiarhodan

October 2026

S M T W T F S
     123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 3rd, 2026 08:31 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios